In this episode Scott discusses the pedagogy of Permaculture and how stellar of a teacher Bill Mollison was.
Some of the subjects we hit are:
- How A few days into the class we can see that people seem to pass the threshold of plausible deniability.
- John Taylor Gatto – Dumbing Us Down
- How permaculture self selects some of the best people of our culture.
- People in the classes are looking for another way to live than the cubicle.
- Indigenous Central Americans attending Permaculture classes.
- Talent show being dropped from some PDCs.
- The magic of a PDC that allows participants to drop some of the normal trappings of our culture.
- The revolutionary quality of Permaculture.
- Is the next generation the group who will bring in the new paradigm?
- Building a Permaculture Nation – Bill Mollison
- Criticisms of online PDCs
- Using Non-Profits to the advantage of Permaculturalists.
Read more about Scott and his work here.